Monday, December 18, 2006

Music is my boyfriend

Dear Reader(s),

As the end of the year is drawing near, I thought I would provide you with a list of what I think are the 10 (ok, 11) best songs of this year. You might disagree. I don't care. I am always right.

11. Multiply (in a minor key) - Jamie Lidell
10. Long Distance Call - Phoenix
9. Secret Heart - Feist
8. Rise Up With Fists - Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins
7. The Greatest - Cat Power
6. Throw It All Away - Zero 7
5. Chinese Translation - M. Ward
4. Smile - Lily Allen
3. My Love - Justin Timberlake*
2. Together - The Raconteurs
1. Fidelity - Regina Spektor

*DO NOT argue with me about this one. Don't deny it, you love it too. Because it's actually good. Also, if you haven't seen this, I encourage immediate viewing. It's really a delightful Christmas ditty. Humming to myself right now...

4 comments:

G said...

Oh.My.God. I can barely breathe I'm laughing so hard. That video is PRICELESS.

John said...

Hey B-lythe. We just got an invite to a new years party from Jim Cummings (a friend of mine at the firm). It's in Northampton so should be a good opportunity to pary it up!

blythe said...

sounds great. gimme a call and let's make a plan. i'm back the 30th. merry christmas till then!

Anonymous said...

:O I LOVE FEIST AND REGINA SPEKTOR. Go. Go. Go.