Wednesday, December 06, 2006

All I want for Christmas

is my fucking dog.

Ok, I usually try to keep this blog a happy space, full of witty, optimistic irreverence and shit, but holy balls, am I pissed. I think I've mentioned it before, but Break-Up06 has not been the easiest thing of my life. A good thing, yes (probably the best), easiest, no. Case in point: shared ownership of the best dog in the world. His name is Zealand, and he's from Oklahoma like me. I spent a solid six months with this dog, loving, training, playing, all of that wonderful stuff, then the break up. Sucky. It was decided that we would share the dog since we still live near each other. Then, after a shaky start, the dog was never returned and I've since been told I won't be seeing him again. Wait, I take that back, I might possibly be able to "spend time" with him. What the fuck? Presently, there's documentation supporting both of our claims to ownership. I don't want this to get messy, but I feel I'm being forced. Moreover, it's deeply disturbing that two people who spent the last fucking seven years of their life with each other can't get their shit together enough to deal with this like (quasi) adults. But I digress. I've gotten some good advice (on both sides of the issue), but I'm really torn about what I should do. This has brought me to tears the first time since August (when the aforementioned ruined my birthday). I simply love my dog and want him back. People do this all the time, why not us? I didn't think it was so much to ask considering how much money and effort has been put into said dog. But I also thought Kid and Pam's marriage would last, so there you go.

To make myself feel better, I have now listened to the following about 20 times. Seriously, when you're down, there's nothing like vintage Mariah (none of this Mimi bullshit) to cheer you up. I will also be drinking later (read right now). Feel free to join me.

2 comments:

blythe said...

Leo Horoscope for week of December 7, 2006

Verticle Oracle card Leo (July 23-August 22)
Never before in the history of the English language have the words "wildfire" and "devotion" appeared side by side. And yet here they are now, together at last, conspiring to convey a subtly spectacular meaning to you. It's time, my dear Leo, for you to practice wildfire devotion: to be both earthy and vehement, to blend incendiary style with deeply rooted commitment, to be as flamingly relentless as a wildfire in your staunch devotion to your future's most potent dream.


I think I know what this means...

Unknown said...

Little-known fact about that music video: The guy in the Santa suit is Eminem. That playful tussle in the snow between the two of them isn't as innocent as it appears.