Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmastime in the OKC

Ok, actually, Norman, which is a little south of OKC (that's Oklahoma Ciy for those of you not in the know - home of the Cowboy Hall of Fame and Color Me Badd). I began my long journey yesterday morning at 4.30 am. I finally made it home at 9.30pm. Uh huh. Yup. Delta is dead to me. They canceled my connection and left me stranded in the Atlanta airport from 9.30am until 7pm. I hate them. I am computerless and ipodless. It was torture. I consoled myself with the best fast food ever! (On Delta, of course - what's another $7 when you're in bankruptcy proceedings, right?)

Behold the wonder of Chick-fil-A. I don't consider myself a fast food connsoisseur, but I am. The quality of their waffle fries and chicken nuggets is far superior to any other crap out there. I'm not gonna lie, I've looked up locations in the New England. There's one in Nashua. If you're in the area, get the number 3. You'll thank me later.



I also talked to a lot of southerners and am 45.3% on my way to reacquiring my accent, y'all. I've decided it's charming.

Stay tuned for more from the Heartland.

4 comments:

John said...

Sorry to hear about your flight; I was just talking to alabracadabra about how un-just it is to overbook/ not honor ticket comittments (i.e., I didn't pay $300 for the right to argue about possibly getting on a plane, I paid $300 for a seat on the god damn plane!)

You may be able to tell I've had run ins with Delta in the past.

At least you got the waffle fries- did they come with a lemonade? They've got the best!

Siobhlogger said...

crappy day! so you must've missed JT on the Victoria's Secret fashion show? or are you in central time?

blythe said...

john - yes, i hate delta. and i will let them know. politely. that they WILL be giving me a $400 voucher. oh yes. and then i will go somewhere fun. most likely alone. no lemonade this time. dr. pepper all the way. i love the south!

siobhologger - yes, crappy day, but i did read a lot. if only i'd brought my knitting to stare at or bunch into a ball for a mini pillow of failure. i missed JT? damnit! i missed him on snl too. central time here, but still didn't catch it. next year, next year...

Unknown said...

Chick-fil-A is closed on Sundays. The owners are Christians. Their club sandwich is fantastic.