Monday, March 26, 2007

Zack Harrison Memorial Music Monday

Hi there kids! I realize that I do not have the best musical taste, but, actually I do. Here you go!

*i can't find a lot of these mp3s, so bear with the live/youtube stuff. sorry.

Chill Out Tent - The Hold Steady: Now, I know there are a lot of folks out there who've been up The Hold Steady's ass for a bit now, but I'm just getting around to checking them out in earnest. This song is pretty rad and it mentions Western Mass!

Snails - The Format: It's official, I'm obsessed with The Format. They're playing tonight at the Conservatory, but I think I'm going to wait for their show in Norman. Come with me!

The Owls Go - Architecture in Helsinki
: I would listen to this on mushrooms. Attic in a basement...

We Will Become Silhouettes - The Postal Service. Ben Gibbard's voice is like an old friend. If I had any.



You Give Me Something - James Morrison: Um, yeah. This song brought to you by Starbucks and my mom. But you know what? I like it. And I totally bust it out in the shower. Don't invite me karaoking anytime soon.

Gamble Everything For Love - Ben Lee: He's right.

Level - The Raconteurs: Just when I think I can't like them more, I remember this song.

The Ballad of Bitter Honey - Eef Barzelay: Hoochie skanks has never sounded so sweet. Also, don't forget to listen to Clem Snide.

Montreal - Ariane Moffatt:
I realized that I don't listen to lady singers much anymore. French is sexy.

I Love You, You Imbecile - Pelle Carlberg: Swedish Indie Pop!

Luke Doucet - Broken One: Because it's true.

Mocking Bird - Sitting Next to Brian: This has earned the coveted spot of my current song on MySpace. Yes, I am one of those people.

Old school song of the day: James - Laid: Violence. Cross dressing. Love it. (not the best version, but it'll do)