Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Goulet Wednesday News Round Up: This American Blythe

Today, in lieu of completely boring celebrity news, I bring you completely boring Blythebrity news.

1. This American Life finally comes to TV! Yay! I've been hearing about this for some time, but my favorite Sunday night pastime (besides going to bed early) is coming to Showtime. Thankfully, the roommates spring for this channel, so I'll be watching weekly. Showtime put the first episode up on On Demand and let me tell you, I am more in love with Ira Glass than ever. He does the story about Chance the bull and the Improv Everywhere band fiasco. Two of my favorites. Yes, I have them memorized. That's how I roll. I will marry you, Ira Glass, I will.



2. I'm going to see Andrew Bird today! Yay! In Dallas, but whatevs. It's worth it. If you are new to AB, I suggest Sovay, Measuring Cups, Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left and Fake Palindromes. A little FYI - Sovay is my favorite.

3. It's spring! Yesterday, it was about 80. Supposed to be even warmer today. There are at least climatic (is that a word?) benefits to returning to the Heartland. The lil' bro and I had a mid evening bonding sesh over Classis 50s slushes (strawberry pina colada) and swings at my favorite park. Then we drove around the in the country with all the windows rolled down screaming Dream Weaver at the top of our lungs against a breathtaking sunset. Almost made me forget I've given up Whole Foods for this.

Look! Green instead of brown! I love it! (Ignore unpedicured toes.)

4. PSA: I recently discovered that there are people out there who haven't seen Wet Hot American Summer. I implore you, put it on your on your Netflix queue today. You'll thank me later.

5. I love you.

http://www.current.org/rad/rad710t2.jpg

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

guess what

Unknown said...

I have Vowell's "The Partly Cloudy Patriot" audio book. It co-stars Conan O'Brien and They Might Be Giants. I have MP3s. Not sure how to get them to you though...

blythe said...

who are you anonymous?! so, guess what? one time, versace kicked my sister out of the store for not being a size -4.

i heart sarah vowell. assassination vacation is wonderful. also, since i have the attention span of a five year old, it's helpful that it's not a real novel. if you can't get mp3s to me, no one can.

Unknown said...

MP3s. Facebook. Go. Now.

blythe said...

i tried! it wants a password.

Anonymous said...

This is all so cloak-and-dagger, isn't it? The username/password are in the Facebook message I sent you, just below the URL.