Monday, April 30, 2007

Zack Harrison Memorial Music Monday

Hey friends, here's what I'm listening to these days. Some old, some new. Enjoy. (WARNING: it's a little sad bastard.)

On Your Porch - The Format: I'm telling you, these guys are great. Just listen.

Waltz #1 - Elliott Smith: I feel a special bond with Elliott Smith as he went to Hampshire College, which is one of the five colleges. It's the one with barn parties, drum circles, a marijuana plant as the school emblem, looks like a commune. It's great, really.

Lua - Bright Eyes: No one can make me feel so down as Mr. Oberst. God love him.

Hello Tomorrow - Karen O. and Squeak E. Clean: Remember that Adidas commercial. I think someone was running while a drop of water. It's short, I know, but yeah. Also, songs from commercials: Son's Gonna Rise - Citizen Cope.

Back to Black - Amy Winehouse: I think she and Jamie Lidell should do something together. But no one asked me.

My Moon Man - Feist: Who doesn't love Feist?



The Funeral - Band of Horses: I don't know what this song reminds me of, but I really like it. It's nice to listen to at night with the windows open.

Playground Love - AIR: I don't get The Virgin Suicides, I'm not going to lie. I've seen better. But I do love the music.

On The Radio - Regina Spektor: Just darling, mentions November Rain, what's better than that? Oh, right, the video has little kids!!

Cheer It On - Tokyo Police Club: Gets me all riled up.

If Looks Could Kill - Camera Obscura: I really, really didn't want to jump on the Camera Obscura bandwagon, but here I am.

Arctic Monkeys - Brainstorm: Another band I kind of avoided because everyone was all up in their butts, but I do like them. I do. Still, this has potential to be in iPod commercial song. Bleh.

Pieces of People We Love - The Rapture: If I were in charge of choosing music for movies, this song would be perfect for a slow montage where a group is walking in slow motion determination. But no one would be foolish enough to let me be in charge of music for movies.

Charlotte Gainsbourg - The Songs That We Sing: See, I told you, sad bastard. Oh well.

The Winterpills: Here's a nice little post with a few mp3s.

No comments: