Sunday, April 08, 2007

Rock Steady

My weekend was pretty meh. It's really cold here (in fact, it snowed!), which automatically puts me in a nasty mood. So, there's that.

Mr. Shain doesn't like Mexican food:

Friday night, L-Ma, Mr. Shain and I went to a local Mexican restaurant for dinner. I thought it would be enjoyable. Instead, Shain stared at me with disdain as I shoveled chips, cheese and chimichanga into my face while refusing to eat his quesadilla. That's what you get for ordering the crappiest thing on the menu, buddy. Yeah, and you can keep your Pinkberry and Sprinkles or whatever. I'll take a pile of melted cheese over that stuff any day.

The one where I went to Borders:

I like to hang out in bookstores. There, I'll admit it. I escape to Borders a lot these days, immersing myself in magazines and books I can't afford. I suppose there are libraries for this sort of thing, but blah. Look what I found, though!

I am happy to say that I know the members of the Winterpills! They're from Noho and they're really good. And on sale at your local Borders!

There's always other boyfriends:

While at said Borders, I used a handy dandy little gift card to buy The Hold Steady album, Boys and Girls in America as per Clinton at ZFS suggestion. You're going to say that all of their songs sound the same and that the lead singer doesn't really sing, and you know what? I don't care. I love it! I totally see why the blogs have all been up on this shit. It's a good time. I took a nice drive out in the country, windows down, Craig Finn's voice blaring, happiness.

Listen: Stuck Between Stations

Farmers Market:

Is open! While there, I received the following disturbing picture message from the exbf.

It seems that Zealand (former dog that was lost in the settlement if you're keeping track) jumped into the river (Connecticut) and onto a stick, which stabbed him. A) I imagine it's too cold for even dogs to be swimming in the river and B) poor baby! I should have just taken him. I know I said I wouldn't talk about it anymore, but it makes my heart hurt.

My Friend Morgan:

was in a short film. She was up from Houston yesterday and had a little showing at a get together last night. Very nice. Plus, she's got big ones. Speaking of which, in the absence of girl friends, which I can't seem to make here, I made my friend Matt my stand in last night. I drug him into the bathroom with me, made him listen to me bitch about boys and look at my bra. Then I coerced him into having a platonic sleepover with me, but not before declaring that I had to take my pants off because I can't sleep with them on. What? Needless to say, my head hurts.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

http://shift-8.com/media/peeps-bunnies.jpg

Beyonce Lyrics Check:

In one of B's latest songs, Upgrade U, she manages to combine this:

I can do for you what Martin did for the people
Ran by the men but the women keep the tempo
It's very seldom that you're blessed to find your equal
Still play my part and let you take the lead role


with this:

Partner let me upgrade you
Audemars Piguet you
Switch your neck tie to purple labels

because that makes sense.

Mr. Shain and I are famous!

Ok, not entirely, but we were both mentioned here for some reason. Rock on.

Whoopee!

T - some hours until the big moment! Here I come Tony!

1 comment:

Clinton said...

Glad The Hold Steady worked out for you! They've, for absolutely no reason, become the band that I listen to while doing the dishes at night. Not sure that's what they were shooting for with this album, and yet here we are.