Thursday, April 05, 2007

Mopey McMoperson

Hey there. It's Thursday. Rainy days and Thursdays always get me down. Not really, but this one is for some reason. I am descending into an adolescent night of angst, but this time with booze and a high speed internet connection. Things aren't bad, in fact, they're just fine. I had a good day, the NY job search has made some headway and I've got soft hair. So, all in all, not so bad. So, why then, am I compelled to listen to Bright Eyes at unreasonable volumes and am stymied by Mr. Oberst's schizo advice?

Listen:
Lover I Don't Have to Love
First Day of My Life

Damn you Bright Eyes! I wish we'd never met. In the meantime, both The Office and 30 Rock are new tonight. Ever since ending my LTR with TiVo, I've been bad at keeping up with my old friends on NBC. Tonight I will remedy that and I suggest you do the same.

If and when you happen to be feeling a bit down, listen to this (and think of me):
Backpack

2 comments:

Jess said...

There must be something in the air, 'cause I'm totally mopey, too. With no good reason. Except for the ridiculous cold.

Tina Fey brought a ray of warm sunlight into my life last night, though. And I get to see another Girl Crush -- Neko Case -- tomorrow night. Whooo!

blythe said...

yeah, it's colder than a witch's titty here. i've always hated that phrase.

I get to see Neko Case in a couple of weeks. We are living parallel musical lives except you get to see more and more interesting people.