Friday, April 06, 2007

It's Friday, I'm in Love

with Tony, Carm, Meadow, AJ, Paulie, Christopher and especially Silvio. They're like family, except I would be terrified if they were actually my family, but I probably would've gone to Columbia, so there's that. Yup, folks, it's that time again. Sopranos starts up Sunday night at 9/8 central. I'm not going to do a recap or go into my predictions (because, frankly, David Chase is a much smarter man than I), but I will say this. If you aren't an avid fan already, it's certainly worth the space on your Netflix queue. You know it is too. I don't really have to tell you since the rest of the free world has been watching since 1999. So, just do it.

http://ilya.blackbox.ru/trash/sopranos/family_dinner/family_dinner_1024.jpg

Everybody's talking:

Watch:




Eat:

ingredients

8 ounces ziti or other tubular pasta

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 turkey Italian sausages (about 6 ounces), casings removed
2 cups chopped onions
1 1/2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
1/2 cup dry red wine
1 141/2-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice with Italian seasonings

Freshly grated Parmesan cheese

preparation

Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Return to pot.

Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; sauté until brown, breaking up with fork, about 4 minutes. Add onions and peppers; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in wine; boil 2 minutes, scraping up browned bits. Add tomatoes with juices. Reduce heat to medium and cover; simmer until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes.

Add sauce to pasta. Toss over medium heat until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.

Bon Appétit, February 2001


Listen:

It Was a Very Good Year (Ok, I can't find a link, but this is a truly great song. Make sure you download the Sinatra version. It'll give you goosebumps.)
Love.

1 comment:

Dan Nolan said...

I never had HBO so I hadn't seen it until this year. They're doing the reruns on A&E (sans nudity and swearing for the most part) but I'm only in season 2. Richie and Janice just had their engagement party. Maybe I should rent the rest of the dvds and catch up because Comcast is airing the Sunday night episode for non-hbo users.