Friday, January 26, 2007

It's Friday, I'm in Love

with Chris Parnell, unsung hero of Saturday Night Live.

CP and I have a lot in common. He grew up in Memphis, Tennessee. I went to college in Memphis. [For one semester. But that's a story for another time. It mainly involves drinking Everclear in the boys' dorm and watching Passions.] We have both been overlooked by Lorne Michaels as the brightest comedic talent of our respective generations. We both like cupcakes. I kinda look like Kirsten Dunst. He raps about Kirsten Dunst. We both performed with Blue Oyster Cult, but hate cowbells. I suspect we are both underwhelmed by Horatio Sanz. It's uncanny, really.

The beauty of CP is that he is kind of a comedic ninja. He sneaks into scene after scene and nunchuks it into awesome. Case in point, his appearances in Anchorman (pretty much one of the best movies ever) and in a recent episode of 30 Rock as Dr. Leo Spaceman. Check them out.

Basically, Lorne Michaels is a tard. You kept the guy from Good Burger, but fired Merv the Perve? Come on.

The image “http://www.ponekeys.com/images/bonus/parnell/chris_parnell_01.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

I love you, Chris.

And now I'm headed for my last weekend in NYC before the big move. Maybe I'll see him and tip off the Gawker Stalker Map. Then my life would be complete. Gawker and Chris Parnell. Ahhh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How could you forget to mention "The Chronic--WHAT--cles of Narnia!"?

blythe said...

uh, hey, check out the cupcake link... i link for a reason, buddy. it's an interactive narrative.