Sunday, January 14, 2007

Yup. I'm a nerd.

In spite of constantly regaling you with my tales of TV, I actually don't watch that much having suffered the heart wrenching loss of my TIVO. I watch a few shows here and there, and sometimes catch up online, because there are no commercials and there is nothing I hate more than commercials. Except Uggs. Especially on someone skinnier and more attractive than me. In the meantime, I have been reading, what I would consider, a lot. Check this out:

(The Omnivore's Dilemma, The Corrections, I'm a Stranger Here Myself, Assassination Vacation, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, The Santa Land Diaries, Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs, Jitterbug Perfume, Cat's Cradle, Random Families, No Safe Place and a couple I forgot. Not pictured: People, US Weekly, In Touch, Martha Stewart Living.)

I have read all of these since November. When I was in 5th grade, I got to attend some sort of dorkfest for super readers. Students at Cleveland Elementary were required by Mrs. Dansby to read 1,000 pages per quarter. I must've thought she said 10,000 (I've never been good with numbers) because I really went to town and read approximately 30,000. I don't remember much other than that C-tina and I got medals or something, then we got to go to Oklahoma City to sit in a giant arena with a bunch of literate nerds and their teachers. I wanna say Shannon Miller spoke, but I could be making that up.

Music of the day: Paper Tiger - Spoon. Care of Cell 44 - Zombies. Se que no Vas a Volver - Gaby Kerpel. Moonlight Mile - Rolling Stones. Waltz #2 - Elliot Smith.

Food of the day: Leftover mu shu pork from The Great Wall, the best Chinese restaurant ever! Besides The Cottage on 76th and Amsterdam in New York. Get the seafood dumplings. Trust me.

Old School VHS of the day: If you live in Northampton or the Valley, get yourself to Pleasant Street Video and rent Hands on a Hard Body. I would suggest setting the mood before popping this one in with perhaps some pork rinds, Bud Light, and a cigarette. Prepare yourself for Texas-sized mullets.

No comments: