Thursday, December 09, 2010

Oh hell yeah

Today I popped into Daisy Exchange, where I occasionally force young, hip women to sift through my cast offs when my closet overfloweth. Most of the time, I come away with a tidy pile of cash and little dignity. However, today, I was actually looking to purchase some large-ish shirts and/or dresses that I can belt and wear as my boobs explode and mini bump continues to expand, but doesn't quite require tenting. I found a few things all under $7 including, wait for it... an Anthro top. FROM THIS SEASON. THAT I BOUGHT LAST MONTH. FOR $68. Oh yes, the Odille Bianka blouse in navyish was hanging at the back of a pile for $6.50. SCORE! Yes, I have it in a print already, but effing A! I am stoked. But also depressed because I paid $68 when I coulda just got it for you know, 90% off. Curses. And happiness.

4 comments:

Evie said...

Ahhhh score! My friend just bought this top in red and I'm thinking about doing the same...but I wish I could find it...in a PILE for $6.50!!!

blythe said...

It's a kick ass shirt. You can belt it, tuck it, dress it up, make it totally casual. I was kinda turned off by the Victorian grandmother collar and sleeves, but it works. I always get compliments. Worth the full price and especially the sale price if Anthro marks it down.

G said...

You are such an Anthore (Anthro+whore?) Anthwhore? But I love you anyway.

blythe said...

i shall take that as a compliment. i have a friend who always has to clarify that anthro is the store where young women buy grandma clothes and knick knacks. why yes it is.