Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart. Christmas.

You know how when you break up with someone, you go backward thinking, oh man, that last time we blanked was the last time we'll ever blank. Yeah, so last Christmas was the last Christmas I could be semi-selfish and get stuff for myself. Now impending baby jail has imposed new limitations of Christmas gluttony. Damn! Not that I don't want stuff for seƱor spawn, but I just didn't know I needed to cash in last year. Family has asked what we want, but we know the answer is not a Wii or moolah for a pre-baby vacay. And yes, I am super grateful that anyone asks at all. I am a notoriously horrible gift giver. I think I'm going to have to outsource b-days and Christmas when the kid arrives or I'll scar him (deeper) for life. Right, so, instead of actually getting anything, I have given myself the gift of fantasizing about what I would want. Not that I would get any of it because I ask for too much and it's all too expensive, but that's how I roll.

Tom's - I finally caved over T-day break and bought some black canvas Tom's that were on sale for 25% off. I figured they'd come in handy when I can't see or reach my feet and then later when I don't have time to brush my teeth, let alone contemplate shoes that don't just slip on. And now I'm in love. Perfectly comfortable and versatile, I'd like some more, please.



Breville Panini Press
- There is nothing better than crusty, oily bread encasing fontina and salty, salty salami, hot and melty, ready for a dip in some dijon or tapenade. So hungry.



Over the knee boots - I have short, squatty legs (I'm a whopping 5'1" - sorry bebeh, but know that your dad is 6'4" so I think you got a good shot at exceeding the curse of Tom Cruise) and I like to make them look longer. One way is to wear heels. This typically ends in scratches, bruises, cramped and gnarled toes, etc. Another way is over the knee boots. These are seksi (especially in a size 7).



An Evening with David Sedaris tickets - it's like we're old friend and I haven't seen him in a long time. I LOVE YOU and your decidedly annoying voice, which is coming to OKC on April 18.



Kate Spade Desk Calendar - because I can't get enough Kate Spade in my life. Nor can I remember anything. Good combo.



Knitted Cowl - so soft, so warm, so winter, so need it (in fig or lemongrass)!



Tarte Cheek Stain and Fresh Sugar Plum Tinted Lip Balm - they're my favorites and I need more, but they're $$.


Amazon gift card - so I can download all the music I forgot to discover this year. I'm in a music void and I don't like it.

Jonathan Adler Leo Pillow - if you're a Leo, then you totally understand why you need a $100 pillow dedicated to your birth month.



Pretty bling - love these.


Lululemon Groove Pant - I almost forgot! Yes, I spent a ridic amount of money on a pair of yoga pants from Lululemon (the wunderunders to be precise) and it was hard earned money very well spent. I cannot say enough about their comfort and how they've held up. I got them when I weighed 20+ pounds more than now, wore them comfortable after that (not to mention they helped me feel not hideous when running/attempting to run at the gym), and now wear them over el bumpo (although, he's still fairly tiny for 25 weeks). So, I think the groove pants are going to be well worth the price. Oh yes, I will be getting some. Somehow. Someday.

3 comments:

Evie said...

Ha, this made me laugh! BTW, I totally want the David Sedaris tix....he is from my hometown and occasionally does reading here but somehow I have NEVER been able to go. poop.

blythe said...

I doubt seeing him is in my future this time either. Super surprise baby is now due on 3/24. I don't think I can bribe anyone to newborn sit while I live my own personal episode of This American Life with my old pal David. Poop (baby and otherwise) is right!

angelarenai said...

I LOOVVVEE those tarte cheek stains. You should try the lip stains too if you get the chance. they are pricy too but last a long time.