Thursday, February 08, 2007

The super important stuff filling up my head:

1. Is the new Sarah Silverman Program funny?

My heart says yes, but my head says no. I read an article about her in The New Yorker some time ago and decided that was evidence enough that she is, in fact, funny, unlike say Dane Cook. Also, the New York Times agrees she's quite hilarious. However, I hear a lot of shit talked about the foul mouthed little lady. She is kind of gimmicky in her delivery and surely uses her looks to offset her tendency toward the disgusting (but true). I think she also stole Jimmy Kimmel away from his wife or something mean. Hmm. Poop. Am I funny now?

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2007/01/31/PH2007013102406.jpg

2. Converse conversion.

I need footwear somewhere between ballet flat and running shoe that reflects my inherent nerdiness and looks good with jeans. To me, that says Converse. This brings up two questions: 1. white or black? 2. Am I ok with jumping on yet another trend bandwagon? O.K. 3. Am I too old for them? I'm kinda an old lady.

http://www.jackpurcell.com/converselo/lowhite.jpg

3. Music Video Corner:

I think this came out a while ago, but sometimes I can't stop myself from Googling Zach Galafianakis. I've been teaching eighth grade, so finding this little number with Zach and Fiona Apple stirred up all kinds of adolescent angst. Like I'm never going to have a boyfriend, car, when do I get to move out... oh wait. That's still true.

Also, I just like beards.





4. Song of the day.

Staralfur - Sigur Ros. Try it. You'll like it.

5. Blogs that entertain me at school because I can't get to the ones I read religiously due to the firewall:

The Gilded Moose
Things My Boyfriend Says

6. Anna Nicole Smith.

Kicked the bucket. Oh dear. Does that mean Inside Edition, Entertainment Tonight and The Insider will be canceled?

5 comments:

Dan Nolan said...

the Sarah Silverman show is funny. I say that because it makes me laugh.

blythe said...

good to know. i'm still on the fence. it might just be jealousy that fuels my feigned dislike for her. yup. she's hot and funny (and most likely rich). i hate her.

Clinton said...

I'm firmly in the "don't get it" camp when it comes to Sarah Silverman. Her JESUS IS MAGIC movie was one of the most painfully unfunny things I've ever seen.

JulieGong said...

I love Sarah Silverman and I'm glad you hate Dane Cook. Now that is someone who I just don't get their funny.

Jess said...

I have black Chucks that are nearing the end of their life. They got to that perfectly broken in stage and started falling apart. I just don't think I could do the white ones. My pink Chucks get compliments from random strangers.

You're never too old for Converse All-Stars. They are timeles. A classic, I say!