Thursday, February 01, 2007

Sorta sad.

Molly Ivins, one of Smith's few notable alums* (ok, that's not true, I'm just pissed that my student loan payment doesn't decrease as a result of our continuing decline according to US News and World Report. Seriously, we were 11th when I arrived, 13th when I finished and now we're 1,486th. Not true, but it feels like it. Also, I don't really care about that sort of thing. Except when someone I know went to a better school than me. Which is almost everyone. Bah.) died yesterday at the age of 62 after a fight with cancer. I saw her speak while at Smith, and I must say, I really enjoyed her and not simply because I agree with everything she said. Mainly it was her accent. I josh. Somewhat. I guess the Anne Richards/Molly Ivins 4 prez ticket will never happen, but a girl can dream. And wake up to Hillary Clinton. Hmm.

The image “http://www.berkeley.edu/news/berkeleyan/2004/10/images/ivins128.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

*Imaginary alums include Dr. Cristina Yang of Grey's Anatomy, that lawyer lady on The West Wing, and Charlotte from Sex and the City.

No comments: