Thursday, February 21, 2008

BREAKING NEWS: Mr. Shain may not be so bad.

Today, or yesterday, I don't really know, longtime bee-spot reader and friend/hater, Mr. Shain, formerly of *The Life & Times, sent me an email. Within this email was a link to the website Stuff White People Like. Maybe you've heard of it already, chances are, I don't care. In the meantime, the site provides a bit of hilarity during a long day at the office blogs. To tell the truth, and listen carefully, because I am rarely honest (also, you guys are the most awesome readership ever!), it's more a site about what yuppies like. I can get behind that as some day I aspire to be a yuppie, but until then I will drive a Camry instead of a Prius. Anyway, my point is, this list makes sense if you live in Connecticut or Vermont or maybe Edmond. For the rest of us (especially here in Oklahoma), I think there's a different list to be had.

George Bush
Matchbox 20
Cracker Barrel
Jack and Ron on 98.9
Buying American
Lake Hefner
Sam's Wholesale Club
The Blazers
local banks
Diet Coke/Pepsi
The Lake (where ever that might be)
Gary England/weather preparedness
Bricktown
Edmond Public Schools

6 comments:

Mr. Shain said...

dear bee-spot,

i feel that i was unfairly characterized as a "reader" by this blog post. you are quite aware that i do not read your website.

sincerely,
mr. shain

p.s. don't forget about tomorrow night.

Michael5000 said...

So, what makes him "not so bad" again? Is it that he sent you an Email? Because, wow, that IS special...

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, Mama loves her some cracker barrel. I blame it on the white family that adopted me.

d said...

since i can't thank mr s in person, i will thank him here. 'stuff white people like' is perhaps the best thing i've ever read. ok. that was a bit of hyperbole, but still. it's pretty damn funny. mostly because it's true.

i'd like to add kanye west and sneakers to the list. oh and ironic t-shirts.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

D, Asians love ironic tees too.Its not just a white thing.

Blythe, did you say Mr. Shain was "formerly" of *TLAT? So he has finally stopped blogging?

Colleen said...

Wow, after reading that blog, I realize that we white people SUCK! What to do...what to do.