Saturday, January 15, 2011

On not shopping, continued.

I'm a vain person.  There.  I said it.  I've always had body issues (duh, I'm a chick), but was just getting comfortable with myself and rebuilding my wardrobe after a realignment (read 20 lbs dropped) when I found out I was knocked up.  There went all that work!  Not really.  It's taken a full seven months for the baby bump to make its serious debut (like, completely unavoidable now) and I've decided to dress it as cheaply as possible (not decided, I have to, all extra funds should really be diverted to more important things, like shoes, baby shoes!).  I've hit up serious sale items at Old Navy and Target, mostly, with a few peppered in from GAP and Motherhood Maternity (but that stuff's mostly crap - stay away - too much $$ for too little quality) and have created a complete enough prego wardrobe.  Especially since I've only got about 70 something days to go.  Right, so even though I've satisfied my urge to shop by buying necessary maternity clothes, I can't get emotionally attached to any of the items unless I wanna go all Dugger.  So, I continue to fantasy shop, much like when I check myself out in the full length mirror, I fantasize that I look good instead of wearing illfitting, cheap clothes.  Blech.  What I'm trying to say, and it's difficult to focus since little man is practicing his ninja moves and, dang, he's strong, is that I want this dress:



It's calling to me, but alas, it won't fit for a long, long time, I'm sure.  Also, it might as well be a million dollars. 

1 comment:

SGRMSE. said...

congrats on being a momma (: how does it feel to have a little person swimming around inside of you?