Thursday, February 19, 2009

I am a bar exam widow.

The BF is days away from the bar, which means that he's studying at warp speed, creating a permanent butt imprint in his spot at the library. I can barely remember what he looks like. I do know what BarBri books look like. In any case, it's left a lot of "me time," which isn't really a great idea. Things I've been doing to pass the time so I don't drink and shop online...

  • Watching copious amounts of TLC and Bravo. The BF hates these channels. Shocking, I know. I however, cannot get enough of the Real Housewives of Orange Cunty. I love to hate this show. Bitches can't say no to tanning beds, bad hair and bedazzled boob shirts. Love it. Also, I've never followed Top Chef, but now I'm in it to win it. Hootie hoo! Team Carla will prevail! And yes, I needed to watch the oldest Duggar spawn wed his virgin bride. It's anthropoligical.


  • Reading online snark, then feel guilty about said snark. Dlisted is my favorite source for celebrity snark. I check it more than Kate Moss has nip slips. Everything was all well and good till I was listening to Morning Edition or some shit and David Denby was talking up his new book about how snark is ruining America. Way to make me feel guilty, turd.




  • Memorizing the lyrics to Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog



Save me.

3 comments:

BallerinaToes said...

Good luck to your BF on the bar exam! Taking the bar is an awful experience. And waiting 8 weeks for the results is just ef'n excrutiating.

On the First Day of Bar Exam Eve, the Fella took me to a movie (the fine Bar Bri folks suggested we do something "relaxing" and since drinking wasn't an option...The Devil Wears Prada it was!) and 2 months later I found out I passed. And I think that was the happiest day of my life. The end. :)

John said...

I actually didn't think the bar exam period was all that bad. I stayed with an old friend from highschool in C-bus, and we grilled out and watched movies almost every day. It was actually less work than school or a job, eight hours on the clock studying, and them bam! we're grilling out.

Good luck to your BF, you can tell him that the passage rate is deceiving and that most first time takers do pretty well (it's all the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. takers who weigh down the passage percentiles).

John said...

Oh, and also:

The Evil League of Evil
Is watching so beware
The grade that you receive
Will be your last, we swear

So make the Bad Horse gleeful
Or he'll make you his mare...

Awesome.