Wednesday, May 05, 2010

in which i am lame

I like blogs. I like reading blogs. I like commenting on blogs. I like reading comments on blogs. I like blogging. Sort of. I can't seem to get my act together keeping up with this thing, but I think that I need to try. Lately, I've become more boring than myself circa 2007, which is shocking, really. I didn't think it was actually possible. In any case, no one reads this, which is cool, so I'm just going to start posting for myself. Because it's always been all about me anyway.



And on that note, have you ever gone to get a hair cut, your first in say, six months (not cool, I know) and then left the salon with the midwestern news anchor? I just can't win in the hair department. I either need to go Crystal Gale or go home.


8 comments:

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

i haven't had a hair cut in a year. now that i work from home, i'm considering turquoise bangs. very attractive at 40.

Jill of All Trades said...

Kind of a scary thought. I'm in the growing my hair out mode lately, actually over a year now. Only get it trimmed every 5 weeks as I have to cover the awful silver stuff that is threatening to take over. EGADS!

John said...

Midwestern news anchor as a hair cut type is hilarious.

If anyone watches Parks and Recreation (meh, it's OK and when I'm on a hulu binge, I figure "why not"?) she reminds me of the Jessica Wicks character from last week's episode.

BTW, my gf has not had a hair cut that wasn't self administered in about 5 years. I'm hoping to persuade her to get a professional to take a look at it before a friend's wedding this June. Any general advice for persuading her into this?

blythe said...

jen - you might be 40, but your hair is probably what, a few years old? so you can do whatever. hair knows no age.

jill - the grow out is the worst! my thoughts are with you.

john - dude. it's not hilarious when it's on your head. also, P&R is awesome! i'm going to start scheduling appointments for marchtember oneteenth at 362.

as for your question, this is tricky territory, as you've recognized. what if you enveloped the hair into a whole body thing, like, love you so much, here's a full day at the spa replete with fingers, toes, hair, massage, face, etc. then it's like you're not singling anything out? and if she's not interested, i'll take it! but seriously, if my bf suggested i needed a different haircut, i might kill him. even though i know it's true. tread carefully.

SassyGirl said...

I got majorly chastised by the hairdresser when I told her I hadn't cut my hair in nearly 8 months. My split ends had practically taken over my head.

Anonymous said...

bump it!

Michael5000 said...

Blogs are so 2005.

Unknown said...

so you're saying asking for the Ali Meyer is not a good choice next time I get a haircut?