Monday, March 07, 2011

Week 38 Update: Bowl of Pears

Yay!  Made it to week 38 without incident!  And by incident, I mean delivery because we are still soooooo not ready (at home and at work).  Ready-er, but not quite there.  You now at least have a choice of sleeping locations (crib and assembled pack and play), but no installed car seat, so we couldn't actually take you home to use them, so there's that.  All in good time, all in good time (or in the next two weeks or we're screwed).  Your little clothes have been washed, oh, about 12 times (I tried to make them softer, but because no fabric softener allowed, they kind of ended up crunchier, sadface), not that I have any idea what will actually fit you once you're on the other side.  You still have no set going home outfit, but I'm sure I'll come up with something... Right...  Other than that, I've got an appointment today where hopefully they'll let me know everything's still humming along a-ok and that you're facing the right direction and all that business.  Fingers crossed.

This week, all the websites are comparing you to some number of pears, which initially, I thought ridiculous.  However, last night, as I was in bed watching you presumably tap out morse code on my belly (because you're already a genius, duh), I realized that pile of pears isn't too far off - that's what you feel like - a bag of pears being shaken in all directions simultaneously.  Seriously, dude, what are you doing in there?

See you soon!  But not too soon, please.  Still need that two weeks, at least.

2 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Michael5000's Observation on Blogs and Motherhood: As the date of a woman blogger's first childbirth approaches, it becomes exponentially more likely that the blog will begin to be written in second person, addressed to the child-apparent. This has a disconcerting effect on established readers, who suddenly find themselves addressed as if they were resident within the author's body.

blythe said...

i know. it's ridic. let me just say this though, that whole thing about baby brain is too true and it's a wonder i can still be moderately literate at all.