Thursday, April 15, 2010

I should've been a vet

Dang! We had to take Zeb to the vet last night. I had to take out a small loan this morning. I joke, sort of. Little dude got his guts in a twist and was puking et al yesterday. So, we take him in and he's examined (for $41) and then probed (for $26) and then tested (for $100) and then diagnosed and finally treated (for $1,000,000.00). He had a high itestinal (lunch anyone?) bacteria count and was given injections of antibiotics and other stuff to get him back on track. I also paid for doggie Imodium, more antibiotics and had to cook him rice and chicken for dinner (more than I do for most people). Long story short, I'm out a lot of money for a dog that completely rebounded by midnight last night.

If Zeb were a kid, I'd totally have just pumped him full of Pedialyte and some saltines and plopped him in front of Sponge Bob while I mixed up some G&Ts for myself with the money I saved from not taking him to the doctor. Does this make me a bad person? How come I care more about my dog than a kid (Not that I have one. That I know of. There were some crazy times.)?

The bottom line is I should've been a vet.

P.S. Happy tax day! (Dear OK, you will get mine tomorrow. Love in Christ, B)

3 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Caliban is recently back from the dentist with odd little patches shaved out of his front legs and several fewer teeth. I immobilize him twice daily while Mrs.5000 squirts antibiotics and painkillers into his maw; we refer to this activity as "Cat Torture Time." Other than being slightly skulkier than usual, the old boy seems not much the worse for wear. By coincidence, all of this also cost $1,000,000.00.

Angie Stinchfield said...

Oh i hear ya! Our little pound puppy has cost us a small fortune too! She was jumping up in excitement one day and her hip went out of place (after vet hours of course) -she was screaming in agony. So an emergency visit was are only option - then we find out she has severe hip displasia. The surgery - emergency visit - pills = $1500.00 - She is lucky we love her :) damn dog!

John said...

My buddy's lab-mix ate a rubber kong chew toy and had to have it surgically removed from her blocked intestines at the cost of about 1,800.

fun times!